In a lengthy ruling in the Johnny Depp v. The Sun UK case a Judge rules against Johnny Depp determining that the Sun’s statement that Johnny Depp was a ‘wife beater’ was substantially true and therefore the Libel case was denied. Depp has been ordered to pay the Attorney Fee’s for The Sun UK, the ruling Judge has denied an application for an appeal, Depp has stated that he will appeal to the next court. Deep maintains that he has not been violent towards Heard, his legal team has argued that she has created a Hoax. The Sun UK presented 14 incidents to prove that their statement was substantially true. There is still a pending Defamation case Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard pending in Virginia.
Domestic Violence Support
Depp v. The Sun UK
- Johnny Depp loses libel case over Sun 'wife beater' claim
- Johnny Depp loses libel case against Britain's Sun newspaper
- Johnny Depp beat ex, Amber Heard, 12 TIMES, judge rules as The Sun wins trial
- A critical analysis of the Johnny Depp libel trial
- Johnny Depp Loses Court Case Against Newspaper That Called Him a ‘Wife Beater’
- Johnny Depp case: Lawyer says the Sun's story was 'not researched at all'
- Johnny Depp Loses Libel Case Against 'The Sun' Newspaper
- Amber Heard gets restraining order against Johnny Depp
- Johnny Depp Denied Initial Bid to Appeal His U.K. 'Wife-Beater' Libel Case, Judge Rules (Reports)
- Johnny Depp Can't Appeal Libel Case Against The Sun, Judge Rules
- The full text of the Judgement → https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/depp-v-news-group-newspapers-ltd/